- Rinse meat thoroughly in cold running water.
- Fill a pot or bowl with enough cold water to submerge the meat and let soak for several hours, changing water often, until blood no longer seeps from the meat.
- Fill a pot with enough clean water to submerge the meat, place on the stove over high heat, and heat to a slow boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium or medium low and simmer for ten minutes (par-boil).
- Skim any foam or excess oil from the top of the liquid.
- Remove the meat from the broth, slice or cut as needed, and freeze for future use.
- The broth may be cooled and frozen for future use.