Want to add some extra flavored toppings to your pizza or want some extra tasteful splashes in your soup without sodium or fat? Go with something delightful and medicinal at the same time. Like mushrooms. Mushrooms are filled with medical goodness. The healing attributes of mushrooms are remarkable. You can easily buy shrooms canada and can increase the goodness of your food.
It has therapeutic benefits regarding cancer, liver conditions, depression, side effects of chemotherapy, and many other diseases. Mushrooms are not just food to us it’s a medicine as well. So, you want to know more about this magical, fleshy, spore-bearing fruiting body of a fungus? We have got you covered. Here are 5 incredible health benefits of medicinal mushrooms.
- Enhances the Immune System and Supports Your Heart: Everyone needs a balance in their immune system. Mushrooms can help. It helps your immune system to work effectively. The stimulation and working overtime to clear away the debris can trigger your immune system and wear it down resulting in chronic pain. Mushrooms support your immune system and boosts up its levels, supporting your body for healthy functioning.
Some dried mushrooms such as shiitake mushrooms reduce inflammation. Your body’s perfect immune balance can be maintained by consuming medicinal mushrooms like reishi, maitake and turkey tail, etc. You can find B vitamins: riboflavin [ B2 ], folate [ B9 ], thiamine [ B1 ], niacin [ B3 ] in mushrooms. These vitamins not only increase your immune power but also helps the system dissect energy particles and absorb it while eating food.
Shiitake mushrooms contain a cholesterol-lowering component, called eritadenine, which supports the body for eliminating extra cholesterol, fat and calories from the equation. This helps to keep your heart healthy and regulate blood pressure.
- Protects Brain Health: Components inside mushrooms such as Ergothioneine and Glutathione are good for reducing neurological illness. Lion’s Mane mushrooms are known for their brain-protecting properties. Their ability to help neurons regrow and help the brain function properly is remarkable. Their compounds also help to maintain electrical signals efficiently between the brain and body.
With the proceeding of our age, our brain tends to go dull and inactive. Hericenones and Erinacines are components found in some mushrooms that stimulate the brain and their growths. It also slows down memory loss and prevents many kinds of brain diseases. Research shows that having ⅔ cups of cooked mushrooms boosts up your memory.
Not only does it reduce cognitive decline, but it also reduces stress and calms down your brain. Reishi mushroom extract is an excellent stress reliever. It also helps your body to find peace and help you fall asleep.
- Helps With Weight Loss By Helping You Stay Fuller Longer: When you think of mushrooms the word fiber does not usually come to your mind. But surprisingly they are a source of fiber! Dietary fiber, beta-glucans, and chitin these types are contained inside mushrooms. These help to reduce your appetite and keep you full for a decent amount of time.
As mentioned before, mushrooms are filled with B vitamins. The metabolism process of protein and fat gets increased with the help of B vitamins. They also help your body to produce fuel out of food. Medicinal mushrooms keep your body responses in balance and keep the temperature at a desirable level.
- Improving Exercise Performance: To live a long life mushrooms play a prominent role. But not just for a long life, to live a healthy and strong life mushrooms are there for you too. Especially Cordyceps.
The dilation of aorta has scientifically been shown to supply oxygenated blood to your entire circulatory system. Cordyceps helps to stimulate the production of ATP which is known to be a major source of energy, dominating inside human blood cells. Promisingly mushrooms have been found to also improve and boost up the stamina in athletics.
Cordyceps coffee can boost up your energy by helping you with your workout recovery. Studies show that this supplement is also very effective in post-workout muscle recovery.
- Increasing Antioxidant Activity: Mushrooms contain high amounts of antioxidants, but mainly, ergothioneine and glutathione as mentioned before. Both are important antioxidants to reduce free radicals. When the body consumes food and produces energy out of it, it also generates some oxidative stress. This happens because of the free radicals which ultimately ends up causing damage to proteins, cells and even DNA.
Mushrooms and their components have always been handy in neutralizing these free radicals. Neurodegenerative diseases are likely to happen less if food containing ergothioneine and glutathione gets consumed by the human body. Mushrooms can reduce the chances of getting Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
Raw vs. cooked
If you want the best of mushrooms and take its health advantages properly, you need to cook your mushrooms. Here’s why:
Mushrooms have hard cell walls. So, it becomes a bit difficult to make the nutrients reach the digestive system and go inside it. Sufficient cooking can help in this case. It breaks down the tough walls and destroys toxin particles as well.
Cook your mushrooms with garlic butter sauce and a bit of spices or dip it into soy sauce and get it sauteed to get different splashes of taste.
These cooked mushroom dishes will not only keep the health nutrients safe for your body, but also will give you a mouth watering experience on every bite, something raw mushrooms are not able to provide.
Mushrooms are underrated vegetables. They play their silent health roles from the background.
No matter what medicinal mushroom you eat, do not forget to add them in your everyday diet routine. The powerful antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and immune-boosting qualities of mushrooms are really beneficial for the human body.
So, eat mushrooms and get blown away by tons of its health benefits!