Juicing has become incredibly popular in present times. The health benefits of this traditional practice cannot be neglected. Some of the present-day benefits are to detoxify the body and maintain a healthy immune function. What most people don’t know, however, is that juicers for fruits and vegetables can harm your body and help it at the same time.
Cold-pressed juice allows people to enjoy a wide variety of juices that taste all sorts of different ways while still getting the maximum amount of nutrients in a glass of juice. Some say it tastes a lot better than a cold glass of orange juice at breakfast.
What is cold press juicing?
Cold press juicing extracts the highest amount of nutrients from fruits, vegetables, and leafy greens by using high pressure instead of high heat. This creates a higher nutritional value of fresh press juice than regular juice, less waste, more nutrients, and no froth. A refrigerator juicer uses a masticating or cold-press juicing system to grind apples into juice that is then stored in the refrigerator.
The cold press process extracts juice without using heat or centrifugal force, as with other juicers. It is a slow and labor-intensive process, yielding only a small amount of juice at a time. But the flavor is superior to other extraction methods because enzymes are not destroyed during the grinding process, as they are in the heat-based extraction used for other juicer machines.
Benefits of cold press juicing to your body
Cold press juicing is an excellent way to receive the maximum amount of nutrients from fresh fruits and vegetables. The juice produced by this juicer is all-natural and cold-pressed, so there is no oxidation. You can also feel good knowing that cold press juicing means no added preservatives, no added sugar, and less pulp than other juicers.
The known benefits include:
- It helps reduce risks of chronic diseases: It helps reduce the risks of many diseases, from cancer to cardiovascular disease. Cold press juicing is an easy way to be kept whole, and it is also a very convenient way to consume more fruit. It helps you stay fuller longer, which means less snacking. Cold press juicing will give you all the necessary phytonutrients that your body may need.
- It makes the body more energetic: Cold press juicing gives your entire body more energy, increases time spent sleeping peacefully – even detoxifies. But most importantly, cold press juiced vegetables are easily digestible, which means they cause decreased bloating after eating.
- Boosts immune system: Cold-pressed juice also retains most of the natural vitamins keys and minerals from fruits, vegetables, and some grains. Cold-pressed juice is rich in essential fatty acids like Omega 3 and 6, which help boost the immune system and fight off common allergy symptoms and depression.
- A weight-loss secret: Cold press juicing is also one of the best weight-loss secrets nutritionists and dieticians recommend to their clients today. The reason for this quick and easy weight loss is because it helps curb your appetite and keeps you fuller for longer. After about a month of cold press juicing, your body will start to crave less food and will use more energy instead of absorbing excess weight to keep your body running.
- Cleansing purposes: Juicing is a highly recommended activity for a whole plethora of reasons. It improves the efficiency of your digestive system, it’s super good for hemorrhoids, and it can even cleanse your body of toxins while detoxing organs to boot! In order to take full advantage of the benefits that your juicer will offer you, remember to take a look at any add-ons that you may have missed.
- Eliminates acne: In addition, cold juice helps in eliminating acne. Acne occurs when your hair follicles are clogged with dirt, oil, and dead skin cells. Bacteria infect the clogged pores resulting in acne breakouts. Cold press juicing cleanses your body, emerging great natural energy. By eliminating toxins from your body, it naturally keeps your skin clear.
On the contrary, the process also has its setbacks. Your body needs oxygen to function, but it also requires an adequate amount of Omega-3s and fatty acids. Cold press juicing processes can destroy many nutrients through oxidation, which will leave you defenseless against disease and illness.
Juicing is an important activity for everyone, no matter if it is a daily habit or something that is done once in a while. There are many people who do not know that this process has numerous positive effects on their bodies and even on their health in general.