Has it ever happened that you wanted to bake a chocolate cake at home but could not find all the necessary ingredients like flour, chocolate powder, baking powder, baking soda, oil, vanilla essence, and butter in one place? It happens to many. Suppose, you want to use condensed milk but no trace of condensed milk at home. In this condition, you can try out a simpler method at home with substitute products to make the condensed milk.
The ingredients include –
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cup granulated sugar.
You can combine both the ingredients and heat them until the sugar completely dissolves. Now, your condensed milk was ready and
Making condensed milk may be easy if you can arrange the ingredients. In some other situations, you might not get the ingredients so easily or you may not have the experience of preparing those products at home. Just click here to know quick-cooking substitutions and their uses.
What will you do in case recipe ingredients are not available right now? Can you calm down your urge for food? That would be extremely taxing. You might have thought of visiting the nearest market place. What if, your requirement is not available in the market?
Here is a list of a few ingredients and their cooking substitutions for you that you can use in your daily life and solve the cooking problems.
- Tomato ketchup- sauce and ketchup are very useful ingredients and they enhance the taste of every dish. You can use it as a cooking ingredient or accompany it with sushi or chicken popcorns. If you don’t have tomato ketchup at home, you can use tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, and ground cloves as a substitute cooking ingredient and make the ketchup.
- Vinegar- Vinegar used in dishes helps to increase the taste of the dish. If chickens are marinated with vinegar before preparation, it becomes soft. The substitute ingredients for vinegar are lemon juice and white wine.
- Plain Yogurt- Yogurt is very good for health. It gives clear skin and reduces many health issues. Also, yogurt is used as a cooking ingredient for many dishes. Plain yogurt might not be available in the market. So sour milk with thicker proportion or buttermilk can be used as a substitute ingredient of yogurt.
- Coconut milk- This can be prepared very easily at home with the help of substitute ingredients. You have to combine and boil water and unsweetened, shredded coconut. After removing from heat, the mixture has to be blended in a mixture and strained.
- Mayonnaise- The substitute ingredients are sour cream or plain yogurt or puree of cottage cheese.
- Oil (for baking)- Applesauce can be used as a substitute cooking ingredient while baking. It is low in fat and keeps the baked food soft and moist.
So, all the would-be chefs out there go ahead and start your cooking. Develop new recipes with the substitute cooking ingredients. Who knows, you can be the next master-chef in the cooking arena.