Another popular ban chan dish from my Korean Restaurant days.
3/4 pound fresh garlic stems
1 tablespoon blended sesame/soy bean oil or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cloves cloves garlic
1 teaspoon rice wine
1 teaspoon pure toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Wash garlic stems in cold water and drain well.
- Cut stems into one inch lengths.
- Thin slice the garlic cloves from top to bottom
- Heat a pan over high heat then add oil.
- Add garlic stems and stir fry until tender, three to four minutes.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, rice wine, and salt and cook for an additional one to two minutes.
- Add sliced garlic and sesame oil and cook for 30 seconds to one minute.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with sesame seeds.