A version of Jangjorim with chicken eggs instead of quail eggs. Beef is cooked in a soy sauce broth with whole boiled eggs, garlic, peppers, and onions, then hand torn and served as a side dish with Korean meals.
- First Boil:
- 1 pound flank steak, brisket, firm roast, or stew meat
- 4 cups water
- Meat from first boil
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup unsalted beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1/4 small white or yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 hot green chili peppers
- 6 mild green chili peppers
- 2 small fresh red chili peppers
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Where to Buy
Healthy Cooking Utensils Set - 6 Wooden Spoons For Cooking – Natural Nonstick Hard Wood Spatula and Spoons
Helen Chen’s Asian Kitchen Stainless Steel Spider Strainer with Natural Bamboo Handle, 5-Inch Strainer Basket
Pulled Pork Shredder Claws - STRONGEST BBQ MEAT FORKS - Shredding Handling & Carving Food - Claw Handler Set
Kitchen Utensil set - 24 Nylon Stainless Steel Cooking Supplies - Non-Stick and Heat Resistant Cookware set
- Place eggs in a pot of cold water.
- Bring the pot to a boil over medium heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for about 5 minutes, then drain and cover with cold water.
- Peel and rinse in cold water.
- Cut into large chunks and soak in cold water for about 20 minutes, drain, and rinse.
- Place meat into a pot with 4 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Continue cooking for five minutes, remove from heat and drain, discarding liquid.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Put soy sauce, water, and beef broth into a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium or medium low and add the green chili peppers, black pepper, sugar, and the meat.
- Simmer for about 90 minutes then remove the meat from the pot with a strainer.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add the hard boiled eggs to the pot and simmer for ten to fifteen minutes (If needed add enough hot water to mostly submerge the eggs).
- While the eggs are simmering, hand shred the beef, then place back into the pot.
- Sliver the red pepper and add to the pot.
- Slice the onion and add to the pot.
- Simmer an additional ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Eggs at this time will have a very thin dark brown outer coloring over the white.