The benefits of cooking with a slow cooker are vast. Not only is it convenient to have dinner ready when you get home, but the low and slow cooking process also infuses flavors into dishes you can’t achieve any other way. In this article, we’ll share some of our favorite simple slow cooker recipes that are perfect for the whole family. So fire up your slow cooker, and let’s get cooking.
What is a slow cooker?
A slow cooker is an appliance that cooks food at a low temperature over a long period. This low and slow method allows flavors to mingle and develop in a way you can’t achieve with other cooking methods. It also makes for incredibly tender and juicy meats.
Using a slow cooker is very simple. First, you’ll need to choose a recipe. Once you’ve decided on what you’d like to make, gather all of the ingredients and place them into the crockpot. Ensure to follow the recipe instructions for proper ingredient placement. Next, set the timer on the crockpot according to the recipe instructions and turn it on. That’s it. The crockpot will do the rest of the work for you.
One important thing to keep in mind when cooking with a crockpot is that it is crucial not to open the lid too frequently. Every time you do, heat escapes, and it extends the cooking time. So if your recipe says to cook for 6 hours, resist the urge to peek until that 6 hour is up.
What are some simple crockpot recipes?
There are endless possibilities when it comes to crockpot recipes. However, we’ve compiled a few of our favorites that are perfect for busy families. These recipes are simple to make and yield delicious results.
- Crockpot honey garlic chicken: This crockpot chicken recipe is packed with flavor. The chicken is cooked in a honey garlic sauce that is delicious. Serve it over rice or quinoa for a complete meal.
- Crockpot black bean soup: This crockpot black bean soup is hearty and filling. It’s packed with protein as well as fiber, making it a perfect option for a healthy dinner. Serve with some crusty bread for dipping.
- Crockpot beef stew: This crockpot beef stew is the perfect comfort food. The beef is cooked until it’s fall-apart tender in a rich gravy. Serve it with some mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes for a complete meal.
- Crockpot pulled pork: This crockpot pulled pork recipe yields juicy and flavorful pulled pork that is perfect for sandwiches or tacos. Make some extra because it will be a hit with the whole family.
- Crockpot mac and cheese: This crockpot mac and cheese is super creamy, cheesy, and the perfect side dish for any meal.
Some simple crockpot recipes are perfect for the whole family.
What are some crockpot chicken recipes?
Crockpot chicken recipes are an excellent option for busy families, and they’re simple to make and yield delicious results. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Crockpot chicken curry: This crockpot chicken curry is a flavorful and hearty dish. It’s perfect for a chilly night and great over rice or quinoa for a complete meal.
- Crockpot chicken and dumplings: This crockpot chicken and dumplings recipe are comfort food at its finest. The chicken is cooked in creamy gravy, and the dumplings are fluffy and delicious. Serve with some crusty bread for dipping.
- Crockpot teriyaki chicken: This crockpot teriyaki chicken is an easy and delicious weeknight meal. It’s cooked in an excellent homemade teriyaki sauce, and it’s great over rice or quinoa for a complete meal.
- Crockpot ranch chicken: This crockpot ranch chicken is a flavor-packed dish. The chicken is cooked in a Ranch dressing and then topped with shredded cheese. Serve it over rice or quinoa for a complete meal.
There are some delicious crockpot chicken recipes that the whole family will love. So fire up your crockpot and get cooking, and your taste buds will thank you.
What other equipment do you need for crockpot cooking?
In addition to a crockpot, a few other pieces of equipment will come in handy when cooking a crockpot.
- A slow cooker liner: This will make clean-up a breeze. Line your pot with a slow cooker liner, and then cook as usual. When you’re done, remove the liner and toss it in the trash. No scrubbing is required.
- Measuring cups and spoons: You’ll need these to measure the ingredients for your recipes.
- A wooden spoon: This is essential for stirring the contents of your crockpot.
- An oven mitt or pot holder: This is necessary for removing the crockpot insert when it’s time to serve the food.
- A serving spoon: It is handy for scooping the food out of the crockpot and onto plates.
Crockpot cooking is an excellent option for busy families. It’s simple and yields delicious results. Be sure to check out our crockpot recipes for the whole family. Your taste buds will thank you. Hopefully, this article has provided information on crockpot cooking. Happy crock potting.