Let’s talk, in this article, about one of the most important things in a kitchen: the cookware set. This is one of the essential items for those who like homemade food. After all, eating out is delicious, but that fresh bean is also good too.
With a simple search for pans, you will find numerous options. There are models of different materials, colors, and shapes. Some sets come with 4 pieces, while others can have more than 20. There are also several pot shapes that have specific functions.
With all this variety, it can be difficult to choose the best cookware set for you. So let’s talk about the best games on the market, the different types of cookware and their advantages and disadvantages. Thus, you will be able to choose with more confidence.
First, the most important
- Purchasing new cookware is not a simple task. There are cookware sets of the most varied types, sizes, and materials.
- The cheapest option is not usually the most cost-effective. It is worth investing in a good game, as it can last for much longer.
- Some pans can even be passed through generations. However, for this to happen, it is necessary to do proper maintenance and cleaning.
What is the best cookware set to buy?
Whether you are doing the layette, looking for a wedding gift or simply wanting to replace the old kitchen mates, you already know the importance that a set of pots has in any home.
If you want more details on how to choose the right cookware set for your home, continue reading this complete Guide.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the cookware set?
The cookware set is one of the most essential items when setting up a new kitchen. Without the pans, it is almost impossible to prepare a fresh and delicious meal. Therefore, many people, when moving, acquire this set quickly.
Having cookware at home is very practical and can replace appliances such as the microwave. In addition to being ideal for preparing meals, they are also perfect for heating food. When heating beans in a pan, for example, it looks as good as if it were fresh.
The few disadvantages of a set of pans are that the vast majority of them are made up of small pans. That is, if you are going to cook a meal for more than 5 people, a 25 cm pan may not be enough.
Another possible disadvantage is for those who live alone or cook little. Because it contains several pieces, it may be too big for your needs.
How do I wash my cookware set without spoiling it?
There are cookware sets of different types and materials. In addition, each pot needs specific care to be preserved and stay good for longer.
These are some precautions that must be taken for each type of pot:
- Aluminum: Always wash with a soft sponge and coconut soap or detergent. It is necessary to dry immediately after washing to avoid water stains. Never use steel wool to wash this type of pan, as this can generate aluminum residues in food.
- Stainless Steel: This material does not release toxic substances, however, avoid using steel wool to wash it. If there are burnt residues or bottoms, put salted water and vinegar in the pan and boil over low heat. It is important to never use this type of pan over high heat, as its internal surface may be burnt.
- Copper: Copper cookware will last for years and years if kept correctly. This must be done daily, through constant polishing. Prefer copper pans coated with non-stick material, which does not allow the food to remain with copper remains.
- Clay: Like the copper one, the clay pot can also last for many years. However, they break easily if they fall, so double care is needed. To wash, use a soft sponge and detergent. Also, never place the hot pan on a cold surface, as this can cause cracking.
- Iron: Iron pans can rust, so it is essential to wash immediately after use and dry immediately on the stove flame. Before storing, apply a thin layer of oil, this will preserve it for longer.
- Glass: Glass pans are easy to clean, but break easily. Take great care when handling and never take the pan to the fire with nothing inside, as this can leave black spots on the bottom.
- Ceramics: Ceramic cookware should not be brought to high heat, as they can be damaged and burn food. Before using them for the first time, grease the inside with oil and bring to medium heat for 2 minutes. This will ensure that the ceramic remains non-stick.
Following these tips, your pans will remain good and powerful for much longer. Always remember to invest in good cookware, as, with the right care, they can be useful for many years.
What are the best pots and pans?
There is so much variety to choose from when buying pots and pans that it is difficult to opt for a kitchen set that meets everyone’s needs. We will then try to condense what are the essential items for a good choice.
The purchase of cookware is very important since it is not just a set of pots and pans. It is much more than that, since, in addition to the rest, it is one of the household utensils used almost every day.
If it is certain that we do not realize it at the time of purchase, the fact is that, if it is well maintained and of good quality, the cookware lasts almost “a lifetime”. At a time when there is so much talk about sustainability and the search for lower levels of consumerism, the purchase of items in materials such as stainless steel, whose durability is almost eternal, has all the importance for the environment. That is why we must make a conscious and thoughtful purchase of our pots and pans.
Which cookware is best for health
In addition to the specifics of cooking and storage, cookware also influences our health and well-being. Some materials are more susceptible to releasing toxic substances in food. Others, guarantee not to release and even enrich the recipes.
The aluminum pan is one of the most harmful to health. If not used correctly, it can loosen aluminum in food and cause long-term damage. Therefore, it is essential to perform the correct cleaning and handle with great care.
Materials such as ceramics and glass, on the other hand, have no effect on recipes, making them better options for health. Iron pans are the best in this regard because, in addition to not being toxic, they also enrich meals with iron. Always take your health and well-being into consideration!