There’s no doubt Mexican cuisine is one of the most exquisite ones around the globe. With its intense flavor, texture and colors, Mexico enjoys a unique combination of ingredients, which results in a wide variety of delicious dishes.
Mexican cuisine has been influenced by different countries, among which we can find Spain, France, some parts of South America and West Africa.
That is why we can relish this long list of ingredients.
Mexican cuisine tastiness is no news. But today you are going to learn how to cook authentic mexican rice, an easy dish that can be served as a main course and that will make you look like a pro with just some simple staples.
With white rice as the main ingredient, this dish also provides all the nutrients present in vegetables such as onion, green pepper and corn.
Why white rice?
Isn’t it true that rice is one of the most versatile and combinable staples? It suits any ingredient, any time of the day, any season, anyone.
Who doesn’t like rice? Honestly, I can’t think of anyone. It is easy to prepare and completely inexpensive.
What’s more, you need just a little bit of creativity when it comes to seasoning it and you will get one of the fastest and tastiest dishes. So practical!
Let’s head off to the kitchen
Are you ready to learn to prepare this exquisite Mexican rice recipe? Let’s do it!
What you are going to need
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- 2 small green peppers, diced.
- 2 onions, chopped.
- 2 packages of frozen sweet corn, thawed.
- 2 cups of chicken broth.
- 2 cups of mild salsa.
- 3 cups of white rice.
- 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese.
How to prepare it
- To begin with, and if you want to make this recipe even easier, I suggest chopping and dicing all the vegetables before starting to cook. That way, you are going to have everything you need ready to let the magic begin.
- Then, take a medium pan and place it over medium heat. Add the canola oil and heat it up. Add the green pepper and the onion. Sauté the vegetables until they are tender but not browned.
- The next step is to add the corn, the chicken broth and the mild salsa. Bring to a boil.
- After that, stir in the rice and cover the pan with a lid. Remove it from the heat and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the cheese and fluff the rice gently with a fork.
- As cooking is about being creative, feel free to introduce any changes you feel like.
- A great idea could be to replace the salsa for some crushed tomatoes.
- If you are a vegetarian, you can use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Another good choice is to add some Tabasco sauce if you want to spice things up.
Don’t you think this is a very simple and tasty recipe? You can even serve it as a side dish and prepare your favorite type of meat as the main course.
There are as many choices as there are people in the world. So, don’t be afraid of adding your own touch to this dish and make it your own!
It is a great recipe for those who are taking their first steps in the kitchen, too. Since rice is so easy to get cooked and vegetables just need to be diced or chopped, it is ideal for beginners.
Moreover, this dish will only take you 15 minutes to be ready.
Other options to be combined with
It is a wise choice to use it as tacos or burritos filling, if you truly love Mexican cuisine.
It also goes perfectly well with avocado. So, you can garnish this Mexican rice with some flavorful guacamole and you are going to feel you actually are in Mexico.
I’m telling you, your friends and family are going to be astonished with this recipe. And who is better to pamper them than you? You should be the one who stands out and makes their mouths melt after making this dish.
And the good thing is that you are going to enjoy it as much as they are! Is there anything better?