It is essential to include fruits and vegetables in your diet. However, not everyone is fond of consuming fruits or vegetables. If you are one of these people, you may extract the healthy juices from the fruits and vegetables and drink them instead. However, it is best to consume homemade juices rather than store-bought, sugar-laden varieties. Most drinks on the market are loaded with artificial flavors, sugars, and preservatives, making them a very unhealthy option. Extracting juice at home allows you to control the ingredients’ quality.
Selecting Your Ideal Juicer
To make homemade juice, you need a good juicer. It could be quite challenging to pick the right juicer from the various juicers available in the market. It is important to read as many juicer reviews as possible before shortlisting those that meet your specific requirements. You will find different brands of juicers in the market. If you’re buying a juicer, you’re making a significant investment, and you must be careful about it.
Why Should You Buy A Masticating Juicer?
The nutritional value of the juice also depends on the juicer. Centrifugal, or traditional juicers, tear apart the vegetables or fruits with their fast-spinning blades. This removes the vital nutrients from your juice, leaving no or little nutritional value. Meanwhile, a cold-pressed juicer extracts juice by grinding and pressing vegetables and fruits. They are called ‘cold-pressed juicers’ because they do not generate any heat while extracting juice.
Benefits Of Consuming Cold-Pressed Juices
People have started using ‘cold-pressed or masticating juicers over traditional juicers because cold-pressed juices offer several benefits. Some of them are:
- Cold pressing can destroy bacteria on the structural level. It also preserves the quality and taste of the juice that chemical pasteurization destroys. This makes cold-pressed juices healthier and fresher than juices extracted through traditional juicers.
- Nutrients and enzymes get destroyed when they are heated. Cold press juicers extract juice by pressing fruits and vegetables into pulps. This method does not produce any friction heat that could destroy the juice enzymes. As a result, your juice retains more minerals and vitamins.
- The taste of cold-pressed juice is unmatched. Even if you store cold-pressed juice after preparing it in large batches, it will taste fresh two weeks later.
- A cold-pressed juicer helps to extract more juice from the fruits and vegetables as compared to centrifugal juicers. You will not have to spend much time extracting the juice if you use a masticating juicer instead of a traditional juicer.
- Cold-pressed juices have a good consistency and are a bit thicker. These juices retain more fiber and pulp. If you do not prefer thick juices, you can add some water to your juice.
Advantages Of Using A Cold-Pressed Juicer
People favor cold-pressed juicers over traditional juicers because of the following reasons:
- Low noise: Cold-pressed juicers mostly come with a low-noise electric motor.
- More utility: Some cold-pressed juicers can also process nuts to produce almond or cashew nut milk. This is often not possible with traditional juicers.
- Blockage-free operation- Some cold-pressed juicers even have specific reverse action motors that make cleaning the juicer’s blockages easy. Such a feature is usually not seen in conventional juicers.
Disadvantages Of Using Cold-Pressed Juicers
Some downsides of using a masticating juicer are:
- Smaller chutes- Because of the juicer’s smaller chutes, using them requires more preparation.
- Cold-pressed juicers are more expensive than centrifugal juicers.
- Masticating models are quite bulky; they even take up more space than traditional juicers.
- Cold-pressed juice has lots of solids or pulp in it.
How To Choose The Best Masticating Juicer?
The following points will help you choose the right masticating juicer:
- You need to consider the design of the cold-pressed juicer and whether you have the space to store it in your kitchen before buying it. Some cold-pressed juicers sit upright, while others are horizontal. You can find both large and compact cold-pressed juicers on the market.
- It is also essential to consider the kind of juices you intend to extract from the juicer. To leafy juice vegetables, you will need a slow juicer. Some masticating juicers offer two-speed settings. You can choose the right speed setting according to the different fruits’ softness.
- Also, take into account how much dicing and chopping you are willing to do. You will need a juicer with a large feeder tube if you do not want to do much prep to extract the juice.
Cold-pressed juicers preserve the nutrients of vegetables and fruits. They are also a better alternative than traditional juicers for people who want to extract juice for their entire family.